Working with your Vendors to Improve Quality
Business ChallengeIn today’s highly competitive consumer market, retailers and buyers need a vendor base that will partner with them to meet all aspects of production, from design and quality to product life cycle times and delivery requirements. However, how does a retailer or buyer effectively select new partners? Monitor the progress of existing vendors? And effectively work with vendors to keep the focus on quality over time?
SolutionWhat is a factory assessment?
A factory assessment audits the production capability and performance of a factory against proven quality principles. As such, the key criteria assessed are policies, procedures and records that would indicate the factory’s ability to deliver consistent quality management over time, rather than at one given time or only for certain products. Core areas and processes addressed by a factory assessment include:
1. Quality Management System
2. Good Manufacturing Practice (Factory Environment Standards)
3. Product Control
4. Process Control
What are the key benefits?
Our factory assessment services can help:
Our ApproachOur factory assessments are designed to help retailers and vendors work together and improve performance by providing detailed results that clearly indicate areas of strengths and opportunities. In today’s market, as retailers and buyers are looking to select successful new vendors, reduce the number of vendors to more manageable levels, and promote relationships that improve overall performance, our assessment services provide an effective and unique method to help select and enhance relationships. We offer:
• A Best Practices Approach: Based on our experience in providing factory assessments for multiple US based retailers, we have developed a ‘best practices approach’ that can save you time and costs in creating and maintaining an effective factory assessment program.
• Experienced Auditors: Our auditors receive comprehensive training including interpretation, auditing techniques, report writing, audit planning, integrity and consistency.
• A Strong Integrity & Ethics Program: With a reputation for strict ethical guidelines and well-trained auditors, we maintain an active and dynamic training and integrity program that is managed by a dedicated integrity team, in order to minimize the risks of corruption and to educate auditors, factories and clients regarding our integrity policies and expectations.
• Added-Value Assessments: In many cases, we have cross-trained our audit staff to conduct factory assessments, social compliance and Security (C-TPAT) assessments. This gives you the option of including additional value-added assessments that can benefit both you and your suppliers.
Why Choose Bureau Veritas?Experience & Efficiency
We actively provide factory assessments for multiple US based retailers. Based on our experience, we offer you a “best practice” approach that saves you money and time.
With locations around the world, we can assess the factories of your vendors where needed.
Technical Knowledge & Leadership
Our auditors receive specialized training and use established protocols and operations to deliver a first rate service.
Enhanced Reporting Capabilities
Our reporting system tracks results over time and between vendors, allowing you to monitor progress, identify vendors of preference and drive quality throughout the manufacturing process.
FAQ - Frequently Asked QuestionsWhat type of report will I receive after the factory assessment is completed?
You will receive a summary report and a score card report that will include both an overall score and rating per section, highlighting key strengths and areas needing improvement. Our objective is to provide measurable results to both vendors and retailers as they work together for shared success.
Can the factory assessment be customized to my industry?
Yes, you can select from several industry specific tools that we have developed to provide a more valuable and relevant assessment. We can also customize the assessment further to your needs.