Energy Management: improve efficiency with ISO 50001 Certification
ISO 50001, a universal framework to manage energy costs and cut greenhouse gas emissions
Energy has become a key metric for companies. Saving energy means saving operational costs.
Energy consumption also implies reducing greenhouse gas emissions and demonstrating greater care for natural resources.
ISO 50001 is expected to impact 60% of global energy consumption.
- ISO 50001 is an internationally recognized energy management system (EnMS) standard published by ISO (International Organization of Standardization)
- Energy Management Systems offer a structured and comprehensive approach for improving energy efficiency
EnMS Audits will enable improvement of energy management, detect potential savings and will serve as a management milestone
Benefits of introducing an Energy Management System
By implementing the ISO 50001 management system, companies can gain a real competitive advantage and achieve significant savings.
Energy intense industries and other sectors can also see significant improvement in their energy use, optimizing consumption and using more renewable energies:
- Objective and exhaustive vision on energy uses and consumption
- Projection of future consumption and list of savings opportunities
- Hierarchy of energy uses to focus effort
- Establish a baseline and closely monitor operations
- Motivational lever for staff
- Reporting tool for stakeholders
- Proof of commitment for sustainability
ISO 50001 can be easily integrated into existing Quality, Safety, and/or Environment Management Systems, for all types of organizations aiming to monitor and improve their energy efficiency.
Several management systems can be audited simultaneously during the same audit, optimizing costs.
Why choose Bureau Veritas Certification?
Prove compliance against international standards
Conformance with ISO 50001 demonstrates your organization's commitment to continuously improving its energy use.
Benefit from the expertise of a pioneer in the industry
Bureau Veritas Certification is a pioneer of ISO 50001 Certification, having delivered the word's first certificate to Reliance Infrastructure on its Danahu Power Plant in India in June 2011.
A mark to demonstrate your organization's commitment to excellence
The Bureau Veritas Certification Mark is recognized and respected throughout the world as a valued symbol of reliability, sustainability and trust.
Learn how to develop and control an energy management system with our training courses
Bureau Veritas - Certification
Phone: +91 22 66956300
Send an e-mail