Power & Utilities
MEETING THE UNIQUE CHALLENGES OF THE UTILITIES SECTOR
Over the coming decades, the power generation industry faces a daunting challenge in meeting global energy needs. By 2030, electricity use will double globally and triple in developing countries. The need for reliable, safe and sustainable power generation has never been greater.
Most key issues in the poer and utilities sector revolve around the ‘energy trilemma’ - the unenviable task of balancing security of supply and rising costs, whilst mitigating environmental impact.
In other words, the sector is striving to ensure that energy is secure, sustainable and affordable. These are the pillars on which reputations are built – and yours has never been under the microscope more than it is today.
Delivering secure, sustainable and affordable energy whilst catering for the world’s growing population requires innovation, experience and expertise.
HOW WE CAN SUPPORT YOU
Bureau Veritas has the people and breadth of services within the utilities sector to help you tackle any challenge with confidence. Our aim is to help your business to deliver the efficiencies needed to flourish in a safe, sustainable manner that will protect and enhance your reputation.
Across gas, coal, wind, thermo solar, hydro or transmission and distribution, Bureau Veritas helps clients to maintain productivity, the integrity of their assets and ensure the compliance of their business.
We offer a broad spectrum of services across all aspects of the power generation and distribution industry and at every stage of your project lifecycle, including:
- Feasibility and design
- Change of owner
OUR SERVICES FOR THE POWER AND UTILITIES MARKET INCLUDE:
- Nuclear Power - Our 40 years involvement with the nuclear industry and international recognition make the difference.
- Wind Energy - Wind Farms are emerging at an increasing rate. Our services ensure the reliability of your project.
- Hydropower Services - We provide a full range of services to get your hydro project compliant and reduce risks.
- Solar Energy Services - Demand for green energy has grown substantially in recent years. Bureau Veritas facilitates market access.
- Transmission and Distribution - Our engineers provide complete services for your projects.
- Fossil Fuels - Along with carbon free power generation, thermal energy and fossil fuels remain a major energy source.