PRE-SHIPMENT INSPECTION (PSI) SERVICES
For greater reliability in trade facilitation within Government contracts.
Governments need to ensure that the correct revenues are collected on imports/exports. They need a reliable global partner to help them reach this goal.
What is PSI?
This service carried out for governments combines confirmation of the buyer's specifications, and quantity and value controls of imports/exports. It is done in compliance with WTO (World Trade Organization) requirements. In carrying out pre-shipment inspection of goods on behalf of Customs authorities, Bureau Veritas helps international trade operators to comply fully with current legislation. This improves their business efficiency and eliminates risk wherever possible.
What are the key benefits?
- Facilitate and promote transparency in trading activities.
- Improve the collection of customs duties and taxes.
- Identify dumping and subsidies.
- Ensure that goods conform to contract specifications.
- Provide authorities with effective means of overseeing and controlling foreign trade through accurate statistics.