IATF INTRODUCES REMOTE AUDIT OPTION FOR IATF 16949
Nov. 27 2020
Due to the continuing coronavirus pandemic, the International Automotive Task Force (IATF) has reviewed its requirements for audit delivery for IATF 16949 certification scheme. In the revision 5 of IATF Global Waivers and Measures in Response to the Coronavirus Pandemic, published on October 30th, 2020, IATF introduces remote audit option when on-site audits cannot be conducted for reasons that are directly linked to the COVID-19 pandemic.
THE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS FOR REMOTE AUDITING ARE THE FOLLOWING:
• Remote audit is possible only when there is objective evidence that an on-site audit could not be conducted due to the COVID-19 pandemic. This evidence will have to be validated by Bureau Veritas IATF Teams, as part of the eligibility check stage.
• IATF remote audit is conducted following the IAF guidelines IAF ID 12 & IAF MD 4 respectively for remote audit performances and ICT (Information and Communication Technologies) usage for Audit/Assessment.
• IATF emphasizes that remote audit has to cover same perimeter as an on-site audit.
• Audit duration shall be extended by 10%, (additional time limited to +1 man-day) to account for additional preparation and documentation sharing time that is necessary prior to the audit.
• IATF strongly insists on network and device systems testing prior to the audit. This is to ensure ICT doesn’t cause major disturbance during the audit, including the audit of manufacturing processes. Back-up will have to be available in case of system failure.
If these conditions are met, Bureau Veritas will be able to conduct audits using remote auditing methods at the following client sites:
• Manufacturing sites (including extended manufacturing sites)
• Remote Support Locations
AUDIT TYPES WHICH CAN BE CONDUCTED USING REMOTE AUDITING METHODS:
• Initial audit (stage 1 and stage 2). For the stage 2 audit, if performed remotely, the validity of the certificate shall not exceed 12 months. The subsequent audit would be a recertification audit.
• Surveillance audit
• Recertification audit
• Transfer audit
• Special audit
In case your organization is severely impacted by COVID-19 and you need to get certified or maintain the validity of your IATF 16949 certificate, Bureau Veritas can support you and deliver certification services remotely.
For more details on the requirements listed by IATF oversight organization, download the REVISION 5 OF IATF GLOBAL WAIVERS AND MEASURES IN RESPONSE TO THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC